A very hard to beat Othello game
- Playing strength ranging from beginner to strong expert.
- Many useful features to simplify game-play: Move takeback, move preview (see the position arising after a move has been made and what options this gives the opponent) and board rotation.
- Several functions useful for analyzing games: A position can be set up on the board, WZebra can analyze a game entered interactively on the board, one can switch colors at any time during a game, WZebra can solve the position for perfect play.
- Thirteen languages to choose from.
- Move lists in any reasonable text format can be imported and analyzed.
- Practice session mode where WZebra displays its evaluations of all available moves
- great for learning and understanding openings.
- Help files in HTML.
- WZebra can learn a game played and add it to its opening book.
- Support for the Thor database.
There are two opening books that can be used instead of the normal opening book:
- An extra large book containing more than twice as many lines as the normal book. A drawback with it is that memory consumption increases considerably. (download: see below)
- An empty opening book. Its only use is for those who want to see what happens if WZebra learns the game from scratch.(download: see below)
- submitted by CoMa -
min.requirements: Pentium MMX Memory - 32MB - Disk space : 20MB
note: there exists a version for Linux and Windows CE too (see the Authors homepage)